Curriculum Statement of Intent
Wheatfields Infants’ and Nursery School is an inclusive school. We offer a broad, creative and engaging curriculum which encourages pupils to love learning through a thematic cross curricular approach.
Our curriculum is planned and sequenced so that new knowledge and skills build on existing understanding which is delivered in a dynamic and innovative way, whilst also addressing delays and gaps in learning, including those arising from the pandemic.
Our curriculum enables our children to:
- have high levels of well-being, understand their emotions and know how to regulate them.
- have an understanding of themselves as learners, so that they can become resilient, resourceful, reciprocal and reflective.
- have the ability to recap and recall prior learning and further build on their knowledge and skills.
- understand how to keep themselves safe and to build respectful and secure relationships with others.
- understand and respect difference and to celebrate diversity and embrace our local and global community.
- to be well prepared for the next stage of their education.
Curriculum Overviews for Spring 2022
Curriculum Overview for Autumn Term 2021
Children develop more rapidly during the first five years of their lives than at any other time. For those working in the early years (whether as a childminder or in a nursery, pre-school, or reception class in school), the Early Years Foundation Stage framework outlines what practitioners need to do to support your child.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) has its own stand-alone curriculum for Pre-School and Reception children in primary settings. From September 2021 the EYFS curriculum is changing for all settings in England.